Do you know there is a comment on flickr users like this, 10% flickr users create content, of course, uploading photos for the rest 90%. Why some photos get so many favorites, comments and fans? In what way can your photos become the 10% of them, existing for attract more fans. Here are some effective flickr tips.
Let's first begin with uploading photos. Newbies tend to upload everything they click, just stop it, it is wrong. You have to show your best photos to make your account reliable, respectable and worthy. And do spare a few seconds to write a title to the photo, and the more imaginative the better.
Then, sharing with friends. It is easy to share your photos with your friends on yahoo, and your friends will be your best admirers (even if you take average photos). But, as you take more photos, you will improve.
Besides this, to post photos to groups is an effective way to promote your photos. Yet do remember, no groups want trash, so just few of your best photos could be submitted to groups.
Never forget your profile. We personally hate the default "nothing much" profiles. So, fill in who you are and give a personal touch. Post your best photo up in the profile. Show that you are serious about learning photography.
You want comments from the others? Arenâ€™t you? Then you must be active on other's photos. So do remember to comment on other's photos: Flickr works on an unwritten principle. If you comment on photos of other people, at least they will pay a courtesy visit to your photo stream. Have some good photos for such courtesy visits.
Use some tools. Ditch Internet Explorer, use Firefox. Because, with Greasemonkey installed, you can make advantage of the plenty of productivity tools available will save you time and make you efficient with flickr.
Explore friends and groups. Find who is in your neighbourhood: Take part in your neigbourhood flickr group. None exists? lucky you â€“ create a flickr group. You can always search flickr members based on their location, city keywords or interests etc.
Revise the license of photos. Add a Creative Commons License: Yes, dont worry about 'image thefts' or theives. You can choose "Attribution", Commercial or Non-commercial use of your photos. And if you attach Creative Commons License to your photos, probably more external links you will get.